New Evening Classes
This year I am trialing some delightfully relaxed Monday evening classes to create small felt items. These evenings are designed for beginning felters or people who just want a lovely creative evening out. I am hoping to do it weekly if there is enough interest -end of Feb and March as a trial.
They have been so successful that I will be doing another four week block again in May. We will be making different small things each week. The cost will be $55 per evening including all materials and felting equipment. You just come along- no need to bring anything at all. Do bring a torch as we live on acreage! Bookings are essential.
Evening Class Dates:
- My next round of evening classes will be July Evening classes 7-10pm .
- Monday 3rd July: Felting a little pouch
- Monday July 10th: Sculptural felt flowers
- Monday July 17th: Felting a fabric mosaic journal cover -small journal extra cost (Extra $10.00 handmade paper small journal or $20.00 A4 Canson Acid free Journal)
- Monday July 24th: Slits and slashes -making a small neckwarmer with resist work
- Classes at The Felt Studio 50 McDowalls Rd Yugar: Choose one or two days and make a project per day from the images at the end of this page. Each piece will be made using your own colour and design the pictures are just a guide. Suitable for beginners to advanced feltmakers. 2017 Class descriptions and information
- May Sat 20 9.30am -4.00pm
- July Sat 22 9.30am -4.00pm Booked out!
- July Sun 23 9.30am -4.00pm NEW CLASS
- Sept Sat 16 9.30am -4.00pm
Wendy's classes Interstate and Overseas
- 3 Day Specialty Classes at The Felt Studio, Yugar. Come to sunny Queensland for three days and make felt!
- August 18/19/20th (please note slight date change)
- Felt Studio class 9.30am -4.00pm 50 Shades of Grey in the Third Dimension. Back by popular demand this process based 3 day sample class is designed to fast track your felting skills-it is experimental by nature. We will work in black, white and shades of grey only. This is a 3D sculptural class, learn skills to make pots, pods, hats, slippers. Pieces can be dyed later at home.
- Felt Convergence Toowoomba September 2017 :
Don't miss this wonderful opportunity for all felt makers !
The 14th Southern Hemisphere Felt-Makers Convergence 2017
Host City: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Date 24-29 September 2017
Convenor : Ms Marilyn Jensen O.A.M
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue: Toowoomba, University of Southern Queensland. Accommodation is in single rooms at the Mc Gregor College. .
History : This event commenced in New Zealand way back in 1990. Since then, the event has alternated between Australia and New Zealand. The focus has been on felt makers voluntarily sharing their knowledge and skills during the event. There will be a number of prominent felt-makers presenting sessions.
- June Samford and Surrounds Arts Trails June 3/4 and June 10/11. My studio will be open for Open studio and Arts Trail in our local area.The trail is open for all of June but my studio is only open the first two weekends. I will post a link to the trails soon!
HOW TO BOOK?
If you are booking a Felt Studio class please read the class descriptions to decide on your projects : 2017 Class descriptions and information.
Then please fill in your 2017 Booking Form
and email to Wendy
. You will receive a confirmation of your booking. If you do not you're are not booked in!
- Guest Tutor class or 3 day class with Wendy
Please email Wendy
For a Guest Tutor booking form, class description and materials list (materials for these classes may be purchased as a kit or BYO )
- GALLERY OF FELT CLASSES AT THE FELT STUDIO
- Your surface design is all your own for the classes below...if you are not a flowery person, geometric or abstract designs are fine!