Date: January 2012
- The Arts
- Registered Teacher (Queensland Board of Teacher Registration)
- 1994 Began Felt making practice
- Taught felting from Pre School- Class 7 Samford Valley Steiner School.
- Taught felting at various state primary and high schools.
- 2000 Began part time felt making practice and business. Opened home studio.
- 2005 Began full time textile art and felt making practice and business.
- 2000-2011 Felting Workshop Presenter and Teacher in Australia (and New Zealand 2003)
- Studio Space- Heart and Soul Gifts and Gallery and Home Studio
- Felted Artwork purchased by private buyers in Australia. Work in private collections in Germany, Hong Kong, Sydney and Melbourne and lots of other more odd and obscure places!!
- 2008 Felt making Workshop presenter for ATASDA
- 2008 Featured Artist -Craft and Quilt Fair Gold Coast
- 2009Tutor Textile Art Festival Brisbane
- 2009 Featured Artist -Craft and Quilt Fair Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide.
- 2009 Employed as Assistant Editor “Felt Magazine”
- 2010 The Felt Studio Gallery and Workshops Craft and Quilt Fairs ,Nationally
- 2010 Tutor Textile Fibre Forum, Orange
- 2010 Beautiful Silks, Melbourne ,Tutor
- 2011 Textile Art Academy Tutor
- 2011 Tutor Koala Conventions Brisbane
- 2011 Tutor Victorian Feltmakers
- Tutor Southern Hemisphere Felting Convergence Bunbury WA
- 2012 Tutor Victorian Feltmakers
- 2012 Tutor Koala Conventions
- 2001 Caloundra Regional Art Gallery ,Southern Hemisphere Felters’ Convergence
- St Paul’s Art Show Bald Hills
- St Paul’s Art Show Samford
- Perrot's Nursery Art Show Enoggera
- 2003 - Southern Hemisphere Felters’ Convergence Nelson New Zealand
- 2004 Solo Exhibition Merino Country ,Paddington QLD
- 2005 The Art of Sheep Exhibition. The Ekka
- 2005 Southern Hemisphere Felters’ Convergence Canberra -.
- 2006 “Fabulously Felt” Pine Rivers Regional Gallery ,Strathpine QLD
- 2007 Solo Exhibition Jack Russell Galleries Mooloolaba
- 2008 Joint Exhibitions Reverse Garbage Brisbane
- 2009 Joint Exhibitions Reverse Garbage Brisbane
- 2009 “Fibble Fabble”Joint exhibition Blue Knob Gallery
- 2009 “That Felted Feeling”-Pine rivers Regional Gallery joint exhibition
- 2009 “Wild Things” with Sharyn Hall joint selling exhibition Mt Coot–tha Botanical gardens
- 2010 “Wild Things” with Sharyn Hall joint selling exhibition Mt Coot–tha Botanical gardens
- 2011 "Wild Things" with Sharyn Hall Joint selling Exhibition
- 2011 "Fibre Fest" Exhibition
- 2011 7 awards at the Brisbane Royal National Show including "Best Exhibit Felting"and" Commended" in the Pioneer Wool Awards
- 2010 9 Awards at the Ekka including “Most Successful Exhibitor” and second prize in the Pioneer Wool Awards of Excellence for a felted wallhanging
- 2009 7 Awards at the Ekka including “Best Exhibit Felting” and second prize in the Pioneer Wool Awards of Excellence for a felted blanket
- 2007 and 2008 6 awards at the EKKA including Most Successful Exhibitor and second prize in the Pioneer Wool Awards of Excellence for a felted blanket
- 2006 6 awards at the EKKA including Most Successful Exhibitor
- 2005 7 awards in the felt making section at the EKKA including second prize in the Pioneer Guild Wool Awards of Excellence for a felted jacket
- 2005 Mentored Tullia Jack in felt making -Morton Institute of Tafe
- Tullia won the RAN Fashion Awards Student Section- Australia’s premier Fashion Awards .Tullia Entered the Student Section with the garments we worked on together. Event televised in November 2005
In addition to weekly teaching , workshops and various commissions I have also been involved in the following :
Organised and created the following large collaborative works
- 2005 “The Art of Sheep Exhibition ” Brisbane RNA Showgrounds Donated to Motor Neurone Assoc.
- 2006 “Art in The Woolshed” Auction fund- donated to QLD Institute of Medical Research
- 2006 ”Fabulous Felt” Exhibition” donated to Karuna Hospice service.
- 2006 Teacher Inservice Brisbane Montessori School
- Organised and created a large collaborative work at the Brisbane Montessori School with parents and Teachers
- Workshop at Silkwood Steiner School Nerang 24 participants
- 2009“The Feltmaker” Brisbane Extra TV program featuring my work and studio
ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS TAFTA, ATASDA, QLD Spinners, Weavers ,Dyers and Fabric Artists Group, , Artworkers, International Feltmakers Association
PUBLICATIONS Textile Fibre Forum. Article in May issue . 2006 International Feltmakers Association Journal “Echoes” .Article in June 2006 “Get Creative Magazine” June 2009,”Yarn Magazine” May 2009 and “ Felt Magazine”May 2009 .Better Homes and Gardens 2009, 2010 International Feltmakers Association Journal “Felt Matters” ,Felt Magazine 2010 November Issue
- Southern Hemisphere Feltmakers Convergence Caloundra 2001
- Southern Hemisphere Feltmakers Convergence Nelson New Zealand 2003
- Textile Fibre Forum Orange NSW .One week intensive study with Master feltmaker Beth Beede(USA)2005
- Southern Hemisphere Feltmakers Convergence Canberra 2005
- Textile Fibre Forum Orange NSW. One week intensive study with Master Feltmaker Alexander Pilin(Russia) 2006
- Dyeing Workshop with Sharon Hall(QLD) 2006
- Corsetry Workshop with Kirry Toose NSW 2006
- Textile Fibre Forum Orange NSW. One week intensive study with Master Feltmaker Judit Pocs(Hungary) 2008
- Jane Dunnewald Design Workshop 2008
- Three day Texture workshop with Myfanwy Stirling NSW
- Textile Fibre Forum Orange NSW – One week Intensive Felting Workshop Rachael Meek (AUST)2009